Great Executive Private Chef Opportunity in South Lake Tahoe Nevada
English speaking, Executive Private Chef who can use high-quality seasonal ingredients to prepare and cook healthy & delicious dishes, in a private home. Take full charge of the culinary services for the family. This exciting position will allow for creativity, shaping of the food program and kitchen, and will be the perfect position for an organized chef who loves to create great tasting healthy meals.
You will be preparing meals in the residence for a health conscience family choosing to eat mostly vegan and vegetarian meals. Eligible candidates will plan creative meals without dairy, meat and fat.
• Manage and execute all aspects of food cost and budgeting
• Prepare, plan and manage meals including shopping lists, shopping and food sourcing.
• Responsible for all shopping, restocking, and inventory management.
• Maintain and monitor all kitchen wares and equipment.
• Create weekly fresh and healthy breakfast, lunch and dinner menus using quality products and seasonal ingredients.
• Has a diverse experience with a variety of food styles.
• Shop, order, and acquire food, supplies, and any necessary equipment for the kitchen.
• Responsibilities range from management as well as using creativity in planning an amazing culinary experience for the family.
• Using training and experience to prepare meals that can be tailored to specific dietary needs and tastes.
• Meals prepared with presentation and fine dining experience in mind.
• Produce and maintain the highest food quality and operating procedures.
• Assure the highest health, hygiene, sanitation, safety, and food storage standards.
• Ability to physically handle the work conditions of an Executive Chef; for example, standing for several hours, able to move about the workspace with efficiency and care, able to reach and lift what is reasonable for a chef.
• Able to calculate and prepare recipe ingredients for the number of meals preparing.
• A passion to produce consistently the highest level of personal professional service.
• Committed, responsible and goal-oriented individual
• Reliable and punctual.
• Results-oriented, able to meet and exceed goals and expectations.
• Excellent communication skills, positive attitude, accept direction and deliver the highest standards to meet the principal’s mealtime needs.
• Low ego and be open to all feedback and improvements.
$80,000 to $100,000 dependent on skills and experience
Please describe what works best for your family regarding staffing, including personality traits, characteristics, special instructions, or additional information. flexible to families like and dislikes of dishes prepared, open minded to try new things, creative, open to trying new things, excellent food presentation
Requested Duration: 3-5 years
- Errands: Grocery Shopping, misc errands.
- Driving: Required
- Travel: No Travel Required
• Full Time Work Week
Available when necessary
Residential staff is required to maintain social distancing and must keep mask on at all times during work.
Typical start time:
• 11 am
Typical end time:
• 8 pm
- Experience in all cuisines welcome!
Must have reliable transportation.
Must be able to work weekends and holidays.
Must be able to relocate if necessary.
Must be extremely professional.
Personality is just as important as cooking.
- JOB REQUIREMENTS
• Minimum of 5+ years Chef experience & a Culinary Degree from a 4-year accredited college.
• Food ServSafe certification.
• Knowledge of Nevada sanitation regulations.
• Ability to demonstrate quick thinking and adaptability in a constantly changing environment.
• Flexibility to travel.
• Ability to grab, reach, push, pull, bend, stoop, kneel and crouch in order to retrieve and/or replenish merchandise and/or cooking equipment.
• Ability to use hands to seize, hold, grasp, turn, or otherwise, in order to chop, whisk, slice, stir, juice and/or other techniques.
• Ability to lift and/or move kitchen equipment weighing up to 40 lbs.
• Environmental conditions: working with an open flame and/or other heating units, and exposure to variation in kitchen temperatures.
• Driver’s license with a clean driving record.
• US work authorization.
• Must pass extensive background, driving and credit checks.